Friday, April 22, 2022

The Current Plan

I've been really struggling with Natalie's quilt.  I started with one plan then changed to a different plan.  Now I have come up with yet another plan.  Actually, another step in the plan.  Or something like that.  I needed to do something interesting with the 3.5" squares I ended up with after all that cutting, re-sizing, and trimming.  Maybe setting them on point, or putting sashing on two sides, or just about anything!  I got to thinking about a quilt I made a while back with tilted string blocks.  That quilt is one of my favorites. This just might work!


 











My inspiration quilt ("Lemon Licorice Twists") did not have a pattern.  I just sort of made it up as I went along.  I took a close look .....


..... made a sample block .....












..... then got to work.  I couldn't find a blue batik I like so I bought a sky blue Wilmington Prints design called "Spatter".

Hmmm.  Not bad.











I have 212 of these made and ready to trim .....










..... and I really don't want to change plans again.  So.  Fingers crossed!

Linking up with Oh Scrap!

2 comments:

Patti A. said...

I love it go for it!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun design! I really like those dancing blocks!