Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Making Progress!

I'm finally making progress on Natalie's quilt.  I no longer want to give up on it and throw the whole thing into the trash.  Well.  I probably wouldn't do that now that fabric costs about $13 a yard!  

I got all the blocks trimmed over the weekend.  That was fun.  (She said sarcastically!)  The 5" ruler I bought last week was the perfect tool for this job.

It took a while to get through the whole stack .....



..... and look how much fabric was wasted!  Yikes!  Remember I just mentioned above what fabric costs these days?  This is so sad.  









I know some quilters use their scraps to stuff dog beds, so I'm going to find someone who can use them.  

I spent the entire day sewing today, and got all the rows made .....  



..... so, on to sashing now.   I wonder if I'll be able to make my April goal (which was also my March goal!)  With four days left, I'm hopeful.  For a while there this was feeling a lot more like work than fun, but I'm starting to love this quilt!

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't that fun?! I love the dancing blocks! It is hard to know what to do with the cut off bits like that - stuffing for dog beds is a good idea.

Katy Sweigart said...

I love this idea! I bought a stack of blocks at a garage sale a while back with the intent of doing this same thing. I like your blocks better though.

Patti A. said...

You can do it I know you can, just think of the love you will sending with it!!