Sunday, April 24, 2022

RSC-Pink Goals Met!

It's almost the end of another month and time to report on April's RSC2022 progress.  The color for April is pink, and even though pink is not very high on my favorite colors list, I've managed to find enough pink scraps to get my blocks made.  Here are my Windmill and Sawtooth Star blocks.  










I added a third monthly RSC project which I haven't mentioned before now.  I want to use up as many scraps as I can in this challenge, so in January I found a stack of sixty red 2.5" by 4.5" bricks and decided to turn them into a third project.  I added the aquas/teals in February,  golds/yellows in March, and of course pinks in April. I have no idea where I'm going with this idea, but I'll come up with something!










And speaking of pink!  I was attracted to these Kaffe Fassett "Agate" fat quarters when I was "supporting my local quilt shop" the other day, and they ended up coming home with me.  I wasn't sure which one I liked better.










Much to my surprise when I unfolded them later I found out they're both from the same print.  How fun is that!  










So that's my "April Pinks" story.  Onward to May and whatever color that brings!

Linking up with So Scrappy!

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty blocks - love the pinks! The brick blocks will make
a great design,too!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

For someone who claims she isn't a fan of pink, look how that Kaffe Fasette yardage made its way home with you. I was struck by how nicely it works with your bricks and squares scrap. I can see it as a unifying fabric (sashing? corner squares? binding?) when you decide what to do with the third project.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you were able to find enough PINK scraps for your RSC blocks, Sandy! You will find many design opportunities for those new blocks. LOVE that new fabric you bought!!