Wednesday, April 6, 2022

April's "One Monthly Goal"

My March OMG was to get the top made for Natalie's quilt, and I fell far short of that.  I had made more than four-hundred 2" by 9.5" units like these .....












..... and I was certain I could easily make them into a top during the month of March.  Well, what can I say?  I could not come up with any kind of design I liked, so I changed gears and decided to find a way to rework it.  I cut them in half and stitched them back together into wide rectangles like this -










These should be easier to work with, right?  Nope.  I still wasn't feeling it.  So, for April's One Monthly Goal I am cutting them down again.  From 3.5" by 4.5" rectangles to 3.5" by 3.5" squares.   Like this -










Surely, I can come up with something now.  My April goal is to make Natalie's quilt top from these blocks.  Fingers crossed.  I can't keep cutting them down hoping for inspiration to strike.  I won't have anything left to work with!

Linking up with "One Monthly Goal"

1 comment:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I think you should be able to work with those blocks! Good luck on your goal for the month!