Friday, November 25, 2022

A Big Finish - Aidan's Quilt

A month ago Aidan's quilt was a top, and now it's a finish.  A big finish!  81" by 98" to be exact.  It should work okay for a few more years until he's done growing.

It was "fun" (you know what I mean!) man-handling that thing to machine stitch the binding on .....










.....and it was very warm hand-stitching it down. (The weather is not cold enough yet for that!)  I didn't even ask Hubby to hold it up for me to take pics because it's so big.  I just threw it onto the ground and had a fall photo shoot.















I had the fun of gifting it in person when the family was together for Thanksgiving dinner.  




He was a good sport about wrapping himself up in it ....


..... to reenact a photo of him with another of his "Gramma Quilts" when he was three years old.  I didn't dare ask him to pose at the window, though!  

He really likes his quilt, and I think it's big enough .....



..... for now!



4 comments:

Katy Sweigart said...

This is fantastic! He will love and enjoy this for a long time. Nice work!

Carol R. said...

I love that quilt! Is there a pattern for it? I've got so many scraps (what quilter doesn't?) that I could use to make one myself.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Well worth the effort, Sandy. It's an awesome quilt finish!!

Snowcatcher said...

This turned out so beautiful! And that window photo... what a treasure! Even if he doesn't pose for a grown shot for comparison!