Thursday, December 29, 2022

Mike's "Goldleaf" Quilt

I should have titled this post "Throwback Thursday"  because it's about a quilt I made last year and didn't blog about.  I'd found a box of HSTs I wanted to do something with, so I put them up on the design wall and had a play day.  You know I like those!


The first thing I did was rearrange them into a more random looking design.  Next I pulled out a length of fabric I had bought for something and then decided I didn't like it. 



 










Any fabric you don't like almost always looks better when you cut it up into smaller pieces.  (That's your tip for today!)  I cut out some squares and rectangles and worked them into my design then used the rest of it for borders.  














What a difference!












This was gifted to another family member, my brother-in-law Mike this time.  I'm making a list and checking things off.  Have you noticed?

Linking up with So Scrappy

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Wow, what an amazing difference those squares and rectangles made! I love HST designs, but I really love how you changed this design up. Hope your brother-in-law loved his quilt!

Helenchaffin said...

I know what you mean about fabrics , last yr I had made blocks that I thought was just down right ugly & everyone was like don't you toss those! 🤣they were right,the ugly just blended right in lol your quilt is beautiful!