Monday, December 5, 2022

December's One Monthly Goal

In January I started the Block of the Month hosted by Sherri McConnell at A Quilting Life.  My friend, Denise, is always finding projects to talk me into, and I usually go along with her.   I'm always glad, though, so that must be a good thing.  The last BOM I made with her, went to my SIL, Jan, and she loved it.  I did, too!  (You can read about it here.)  

This time I decided to go with Christmas fabrics.  I started with these -










None of the rest of the prints I used were really very "Christmassy".  Maybe you would call them more "classic".  If you're really a fan of Christmas you might even call them "boring".  




The blocks have a consistent fabric for the churn dash, the background, and the sashing.  AND, as you can see, there are a lot of HSTs.  No comment.

My goal for December is to get the blocks into a top.



I may have to convince people it really is a Christmas quilt, since it's not red and green, but that's fine with me; I like it better that way.  (Guess who the grinch is around here?)

Linking up with One Monthly Goal

1 comment:

grammajudyb said...

You won’t have to convince me that it’s a Christmas quilt! I see holly, and poinsettia , evergreen trees and pine cones “ I see Christmas! It’s going to be absolutely beautiful