Wednesday, December 7, 2022

A Baby Quilts Catch-Up

Since I took a break from blogging during the Pandemic, I missed sharing some of my finishes with you, so I decided to have a little Baby Quilts Show and Tell.

In 2018 I started making a few baby quilts to put back for the great-grands, and only got two finished.  



You can read about them here and here.

In 2019 I finished three more to put back.  I used a Zen Chic charm pack for this one and had a little fun with the border.


These two were made from a Hushabye Hollow layer cake from Moda.











Last year I had two new great-nephews to make quilts for.  

For Karsyn, I chose a simple windmill type block and used a cute print from my stash and a coordinating batik.













I used another print from my stash along with some brights to make this one for Dayshon.  It's the "Grand Stand" pattern by Kari Nichols.  I love the little Lego construction workers! 



Earlier this year I made my first quilt for a great-great-nephew!  His name is Everett.  I used a panel for this one because the theme for his nursery is "I Love You to the Moon and Back", and when I saw this panel at my Local Quilt Shop I knew I had to use it.  Then I played with border ideas until I came up with this .....



.....and I love it.  There's nothing like loving the quilt you finish and then gifting it to someone you love.  I smile just thinking about it.


1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are all such sweet quilts! I love how you made each one different. The blue and yellow panel quilt is really lovely!