Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Progress Reports - "All Stacked Up" and Aidan's Quilt

Don't you hate it when you have a really vague idea in your head of the fabric you want when you go into your LQS (local quilt shop), and they don't have it?  Then, don't you love it when they have the perfect thing, and it isn't what you had in mind at all?  Funny, but that happens to me all the time.  I found this perfect gorgeous batik to use for the background in my "All Stacked Up" blocks.













Even though there are some HSTs in this pattern, it's a nice change from the projects I've been working on lately, because of all the straight-line stitching.  I added a few more batiks to the mix while we were in Middleton, Wisconsin recently at Blue Bar Quilts .....



..... so they made their way into some of the blocks.


This top will be ready to go to my quilter's soon.

Meeting my September goal (getting Aidan's quilt top finished) is looking good, too.  I found this great Bernartex print, Tonal Squares by Ann Lauer .....



..... and now 120 String Block HSTs are ready to go up on the design wall.  


More later.  I'm headed to my sewing room.

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That stacked up quilt is very interesting to look at with the illusion of the stacked blacks. Great scrappy string quilt too.

Ivani said...

Looking forward to seeing how you will arrange the half string blocks.
The batiks blocks are lovely.
Have a great week, Sandy.