Tuesday, September 6, 2022

September Goals

My grandson needs a new quilt.   It seems he has outgrown all the quilts I've made for him.  It's no wonder.


 






 


Look at this child!  I think he gets taller every day!

He wouldn't give me any ideas about the style or colors I should use.  He wants to be surprised.  I bet that would be risky with a lot of 16-year-olds, but I'm pretty sure he'll like whatever I do.  I've decided to use the "Cartwheel" pattern by Stephanie Sheridan.  It was featured in the Aug/Sept 2016 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts magazine.  This is what I have done so far .....










..... 60 string blacks partially made, and a huge mess in my sewing room!










The plan is to turn the string blocks into HSTs with a navy or dark blue monochromatic print.  My September goal is to have the top finished and ready for quilting.  

I'm all set up and ready to get back to work!

Linking up with One Monthly Goal and So Scrappy

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your grandson looks like a sweetie! Your plan for the quilt sounds neat! String blocks do make a mess, though.

DawnyK said...

Oh, this looks like it's going to be amazing!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Janice said...

I’m sure you will achieve your goal. It will be a fun quilt

Nancy said...

Kids do grow, don't they?! It's great that your grandson is so adaptable. I love it that he'll like whatever pattern and fabric you choose.
Best wishes for meeting your goal.