Sunday, September 25, 2022

September Goals Met!

September has been a productive month.  And it's not over!

Light blue is the color this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I finished my Windmill blocks and Sawtooth Star blocks today.  The collection of rainbow blocks is looking good.  Those ziplock storage bags are getting full!



The brick blocks are stacking up, too.  




 






I met my One Monthly Goal, too.  Early!  The blocks for Aidan's quilt are now a top.  I used Stephanie Sheridan's "Cartwheels" pattern.  It's 84" by 99" so the only way I could get a decent photo was to throw it out on our (king size!) bed, so you can't actually see the whole thing, but you get the idea.











I didn't have quite enough of the backing fabric I showed you last time (Tonal Squares by Ann Lauer for Benartex) .....













.... because I had bought all my LQS had and had to order more online.  










It's the same fabric but the selvedge edge on this piece says "Dog On It' by Ann Lauer for Benartex.  And it came up in the site's catalog when I'd searched for "Tonal Squares".  I know.  It's not very exciting, but I thought it was interesting, and I'm just a little curious now.

I'll post my Stash Report later.  I still have five more days to sew!

Linking up with Super Scrappy and Elm Street Quilts

5 comments:

Sara said...

That is a terrific quilt. I love how that blue makes all the other colors just pop!

Unknown said...

Now I'm curious!! The fabric doesn't seem very dog-like. I've never seen a mistake on selvage though, but it might happen more than we know.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the Cartwheels design! That's so much fun! Looks like that is a good backing for it, too.

maggie fellow said...

I like a string quilt anytime and yours is great

The Joyful Quilter said...

Aidan's quilt is going to be awesome! Funny about the backing fabric name change, Sandy. Kudos for getting your Light BLUE blocks done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!